Fruit Cake Cookies
- 1/2 lb
- chopped dates
- 1/4 lb
- candied red cherries. sliced in half
- 1/4 lb
- candied green cherries, sliced in half
- 1 small
- can of baker's angel flake coconut
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- pecans, chopped
How to Make Fruit Cake Cookies
- 1In large mixing bowl, mix the cherries,dates, pecans, and coconut. Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- 2Pour in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- 3Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Press flat with a fork that has been dipped in water.
- 4Bake 12 min. at 350 degrees or until lightly browned around the edges. Baking a little longer will give a crispy cookie.
- 5Cool on cookie sheet 10 min. and then lift with a spatula onto rack to cool completely.
- 6Cookies freeze well in gallon freezer bags with zip lock. Store in air tight container.