Fruit Cake Cookies
1/2 lbchopped dates
1/4 lbcandied red cherries. sliced in half
1/4 lbcandied green cherries, sliced in half
1 smallcan of baker's angel flake coconut
1 can(s)sweetened condensed milk
1 tspvanilla extract
2 tspbaking powder
1 call purpose flour
2 cpecans, chopped
How to Make Fruit Cake Cookies
- In large mixing bowl, mix the cherries,dates, pecans, and coconut. Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Press flat with a fork that has been dipped in water.
- Bake 12 min. at 350 degrees or until lightly browned around the edges. Baking a little longer will give a crispy cookie.
- Cool on cookie sheet 10 min. and then lift with a spatula onto rack to cool completely.
- Cookies freeze well in gallon freezer bags with zip lock. Store in air tight container.