Frozen Lemon Cream Sandwiches
How to Make Frozen Lemon Cream Sandwiches
- Line small baking sheet with waxed paper
- Beat creme fraiche, lemon curd, and lemon zest in chilled bowl with a handheld mixer til firm peaks form.
- Arrange half the cookies on baking sheet and spoon the lemon cream onto the centers, letting it ooze gently to the edges. Top with the remaining cookies,pressing down very gently. Transfer baking sheet to freezer and freeze til sandwiches are firm, at least 4 hours.
- Spread the nuts on a plate and roll edges of sandwiches in them. Serve at once. The cookies can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Note: The recommended lemon curd is Wilkin and Sons Tiptree Lemon curd. It's the creamiest, most lemony brand. It's actually less expensive than other brands. Most wells stocked markets carry it or you can find it at todarobros.com
- Jules Destrooper Crisp Butter Wafers are available in the fancy cookie section of most markets. They're the best, because they won't become brittle when frozen.