Frosting for Waffle Iron Cookies (Turtle Cookies)
To make the cookies follow Just a Pinch Recipe posted by Marsha Baker, "Waffle Iron Cookies". I did not post the recipe for the cookies because her recipe and mine are exactly the same.
- 1 Tbsp
- cocoa powder
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 c
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
How to Make Frosting for Waffle Iron Cookies (Turtle Cookies)
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients in a sauce pan, bring to a boil and boil for 3 min.
- 2Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- 3Allow to cool a bit then add powdered sugar to make a soft, pourable frosting.
- 4Pour frosting over the cooled waffle iron cookies, filling the holes and making a smooth, shiny turtle shell. (Follow Just a Pinch Recipe posted by Marsha Baker, "Waffle Iron Cookies" to make the cookies.)