Fresh Orange Spritz Cookie (Wilton)
Quick Tip: Before making the dough, place your cookie sheets in the freezer. Cold cookie sheets cause the cookies to quickly release from your cookie press.
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 1 c
- sugar, granulated
- egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp
- orange juice
- 2 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- orange zest
- 1/4 c
- pecans, finely chopped (optional)
How to Make Fresh Orange Spritz Cookie (Wilton)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and orange juice.
- 3Mix in flour, orange rind and optional pecans.
- 4Mix just until combined. Dough should be soft but not sticky.
- 5Shape dough into small logs and place in Cookie Press.
- 6Using desired disk, press shapes onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 8Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet on rack.
- 9Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on rack.