French Macaroons with Bittersweet Chocolate Ganache
I just added a little twist to them and made them with the chocolate Ganache ... I make this for her for her birthday and lay them on her grave stone . While visiting with her I eat a cookie or two for her... I LOVE YOU GRANDMAMA
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 largeegg whites
1 1/4 calmonds, blanched (7 oz.)
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
1/2 tspgel food coloring
3 Tbspgranulated sugar
1/4 cwhipping cream, whipped
1 tsplight corn syrup
2 ozbittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)
1 Tbspbutter, softened
How to Make French Macaroons with Bittersweet Chocolate Ganache
- 1 Fill small bowl half full with hot water. Place egg whites in custard cup or another small bowl; place in bowl of water, making sure water doesn’t get into the egg whites. Let stand about 3 minutes or until egg whites reach 75°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- 2 In blender, place almonds and 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar. Cover; blend on high speed 1 to 2 minutes, scraping sides occasionally, or until almonds are very finely ground. Place strainer over medium bowl. Using rubber spatula, press almond mixture through strainer into bowl. Return any almonds left in strainer to blender; add 1/4 cup of the remaining powdered sugar. Cover; blend on high speed 1 to 2 minutes, scraping sides occasionally, or until almonds are very finely ground. Press almond mixture and remaining 1 cup powdered sugar through strainer into bowl; set aside. Discard any remaining large almond pieces
- 3 In another bowl, beat egg whites, salt and food color with electric mixer on high speed just until foamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed 1 to 2 minutes or until soft peaks form. Using rubber spatula, fold about half of the almond mixture into egg white mixture until completely incorporated. Fold in remaining almond mixture.
- 4 Spoon batter into decorating bag fitted with 1/2-inch plain tip. Pipe batter in 20 (1 1/2-inch) circles onto each cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. If tops have a peak, wet fingertips lightly on damp paper towel and press down to flatten. Tap bottom of cookie sheet on counter a few times to flatten cookies. Let stand uncovered at room temperature 30 minutes to allow a light crust to form on tops.
- 5 Heat oven to 300°F. Bake one pan at a time 17 to 18 minutes or until tops look set. Cool on pan on cooling rack at least 10 minutes. With metal pancake turner, remove cookies to cooling rack.
- 6 In 2-cup glass measuring cup, microwave cream and corn syrup uncovered on High 1 minute. Stir in chocolate and butter until chocolate is melted. Let stand about 30 minutes. Cover; refrigerate about 30 minutes or until spreading consistency.
- 7 For each sandwich cookie, spread about 1 teaspoon ganache on bottom edge of 1 cookie. Top with a second cookie. Store tightly covered.