I live alone and do not need a couple dozen of the SAME cookie:-)
Adding a 1/2 tsp of almond extract along with the vanilla is one of my favorite variations.
Think about adding Craisens and White Chocolate chips, or chopped pecans and M&M's or...
How to Make Four-In-One Cookies
- Beat shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla together until creamy.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt and add to creamed mixture; blend well.
- Stir in oats and shape to form 1-inch balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated moderate oven (350) 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool about 2 minutes, then remove cookies from cookie sheet.
- For variety, add 1 cup of... raisins, salted peanuts, semi-sweet chocolate pieces or flaked or shredded coconut with the oats.