I got this recipe from WWW.PAULADEEN.COM and the picture from the net.
***untried recipe ***
·non stick spray
1/2 call purpose flour, sifted
1/2 csuperfine sugar
1 tspalmond extract
·pinch of salt
·fortunes written on colored strips of paper
·special equipment : silpat
How to Make Fortune Cookies
- Cook's Notes : using a Silpat makes it easier to remove the cookies from the sheet tray.
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400°F
- On a half sheet tray , spray a silpat with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk egg whites until foamy. Add the flour , sugar , almond extract , water and salt to the egg whites and beat until smooth , about 30 seconds.
- Pour or spoon 1 TBS. of batter onto prepared silpat and spread with the back of a spoon into a very thin 4" circle. Repeat on the other half of the sheet , making only 2 cookies per sheet tray.
- Bake the on the middle rack of oven until golden brown around the edges , about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and work VERY QUICKLY , with an offset spatula , remove cookie from baking sheet and place a fortune in the center of the round , Fold to create a half circle. Bend pointed edges of cookie toward each.
- This should be done QUICKLY since the cookie will become hard and brittle within 10 seconds. Let cool.