I got this recipe from WWW.PAULADEEN.COM and the picture from the net.
***untried recipe ***
- non stick spray
- egg whites
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 c
- superfine sugar
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 2 Tbsp
- pinch of salt
- fortunes written on colored strips of paper
- special equipment : silpat
How to Make Fortune Cookies
- 1Cook's Notes : using a Silpat makes it easier to remove the cookies from the sheet tray.
- 2Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400°F
- 3On a half sheet tray , spray a silpat with nonstick spray.
- 4In a medium bowl whisk egg whites until foamy. Add the flour , sugar , almond extract , water and salt to the egg whites and beat until smooth , about 30 seconds.
- 5Pour or spoon 1 TBS. of batter onto prepared silpat and spread with the back of a spoon into a very thin 4" circle. Repeat on the other half of the sheet , making only 2 cookies per sheet tray.
- 6Bake the on the middle rack of oven until golden brown around the edges , about 8 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and work VERY QUICKLY , with an offset spatula , remove cookie from baking sheet and place a fortune in the center of the round , Fold to create a half circle. Bend pointed edges of cookie toward each.
- 8This should be done QUICKLY since the cookie will become hard and brittle within 10 seconds. Let cool.