☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cunsifted all-purpose flour
1/4 csalad oil (or melted butter?)
1/4 cegg whites (~2)
How to Make Fortune Cookies
- Combine flour, cornstarch, sugar and salt.
- Stir in Salad oil (or melted butter).
- Add lightly beaten egg whites, vanilla and water and stir until smooth.
- Have fortunes ready, and bake one cookie at a time, so cookie does not harden before shaping.
- Pour scant 1/3 cup batter in center of baking sheet that is lightly greased with shortening.
- Use a spatula to spread bater ito an 8-inch circle, then tilt pan in circular motion to make an even 9 inch circle.
- Bake in 300 degree oven, 13 to 16 minutes, until a light golden brown.
- Use wide spatula to immediately loosen from pan. Insert fortune. Pick up opposite sides (leaving middle on pan) press sides together and hold in place for about 5 seconds. FInish shaping by bending cookie over flat edge.