How to Make FORGOTTEN COOKIES
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Let it heat up while you're mixing the ingredients.
Grease a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- 2Beat together the egg whites, salt, & cream of tartar 'til fluffy and peaks stand up.
- 3Add sugar very gradually.
- 4Beat until VERY STIFF.
- 5Gently fold in the mini-chocolate-chips and the peppermint oil.
- 6Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
- 7Place into your pre-heated oven, and TURN THE OVEN OFF. Leave the cookies in the oven overnight.
- 8Makes about 2-1/2 dozen. These freeze well after they're thoroughly cooled.
- 9Notes: you can use other flavored oils, too. I have also substitued almond extract, but remember you're going from one DROP of oil, to about 1/8 TEASPOON of extract, so don't overdo the extract or you'll make the mixture too runny and they won't turn out right.
I have also used mini mint-flavored chips.