How to Make FLORENTINES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir the almonds, flour and zest in a medium bowl.
- Stir the sugar, butter, cream and honey in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring the mixture to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the almond mixture. Cool the batter for 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Put a half teaspoon of batter on parchment paper leaving plenty of room in between (usually the first pan is my test pan). Bake the cookies until they are lacy and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Gently slide the parchment paper with the cookies onto a rack and cool completely. Transfer the cookies to paper towels.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, lining the baking sheets with clean parchment paper for each batch. Cool completely.
- Stir the chocolate in a double boiler till melted. Spread the melted chocolate over the bottom of one cookie. Top with a second cookie pressing lightly to adhere.