- 4 c
- shredded sweetened coconut about (6 ounces
- 5 large
- egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/13 c
- 1/2 c
- blanched, slivered almonds, finely ground
- 2/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- dried pineapples, chopped
How to Make FLORA'S COCONUT- PINEAPPLE MACAROONS
- 1Heat oven to 325*, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liner.
- 2Rinse coconut in cool water and pat dry. Place egg whits in large bowl of a standing mixer. On high speed beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar beating until meringue is very thick, about 7 minutes, fold in coconut,then almonds , flour and pineapple pieces drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared sheets spacing mounds 1/2 inches apart.
- 3bake macroons until light brown outside and dry- looking(insides will will still be soft) about 20 minutes move cookies to racks and cool completely.