Fairy Door or Princess Door Cookies!
Make the doors look like they came from a castle or from little fairies...
*** I used red licorice (pull apart kind) for door knobs, hinges and some outlining of doors.
*** I used chocolat candy rocks/stones outlining of some of the doors. (I just love the candy rocks... they are like a rustic m&M candy)
- batch of your favorite gingerbread or sugar cookie dough
- batch royal icing
- food coloring: brown, black
- optional food colorings: pink, lavendar, green
How to Make Fairy Door or Princess Door Cookies!
- 1Preheat oven according to your cookie recipe directions.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2Make your cookie dough. Cut our doors with bottom and both sides cut straight... and the top of the door rounded. Cut them about 2 x 3 inches.
Make uneven sides and a crooked top that comes to a point.
Make a castle, with a fun looking door.
Make different shaped doors.
Place doors on baking sheet. And bake as directed in your recipe. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- 3Make your icing. Make light brown frosting, black frosting. (you need a lot of the light brown... very little black)
(or just buy chocolate frosting and add black food coloring to a little of it)
*** You can make up as many colors as you like and get as fancy as you like.
- 4Spread the brown frosting to cover the cookie front, Using a knife Make verticle lines on the frosting to create "panels of wood" on the doors.
Using the black frosting, make the door enhancements like door handles, hinges and door knockers.
- 5These are perfect to serve at a little girl's birthday party with a fairy theme or princess theme.
- 6*** With the optional colors, you can make more enhancements to the doors, like tiny flowers and green leaves and vines.