EXTRA CRISPY SHORTBREAD COOKIES
How to Make EXTRA CRISPY SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 300* and lightly butter your baking pan.
- Beat salt,butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Dissolve baking soda in the vanilla extract and add to butter/sugar mixture, beating until combined well.
- Add flour one cup at a time to the butter/sugar mixture ,beat until combined well.
- Gently fold in rice krispies until well incorporated. Drop by 2 tablespoon size mounds onto pans and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and flatten cookies slightly with back of spatula and return to oven making sure to rotate pan( if you are doing 2 pans at once then rotate AND switch pans on racks) and cook for 20-25 minutes more. cool on wire rack which seems best because for some reason they seem to hold heat longer than a regular cookie.
- *** NOTE*** DO NOT USE REGULAR SALTED BUTTER. Also these can be sprinkled with sugar before baking...or drizzled with melted chocolate after they are cooled.