★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 oz(3 bars) unsweetened chocolate
2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips(divided)
3 tspespresso coffee (granules,not cooked)
3/4 call-purpose flour
1 cplus 2 tbls. white sugar
1/2 tspbaking soda
How to Make Expresso Cookies!!
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
Line two cookie sheets with Parchment Paper
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the unsweetened chocolate with 1 cup of the semi-sweet chips and butter. (save the other cup of chips for later). Stir until smooth-put aside to cool.
- Beat togther, eggs, espresso powder and sugar for approx. 1 to 2 minutes until and thick yellowish color is seen. Beat into cooled chocolate mixture.
- Sift together, the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the chocolate mixture. Add the remaining 1 cup of chocolate semi-sweet chips. Do not over beat.
- Place in fridge until firm. approx. 30 minutes to an hour. Place rounded tbls. unto the cookie sheet. Cook for approx. 10 to 15 minutes. If the inside comes out "mushy" allow to cook for only 5 minutes more. Cool on wire rack. Note: Cookies will continue to firm up while cooling. Enjoy!