Enriched and crisp vanilla/almond cookies
How to Make Enriched and crisp vanilla/almond cookies
- 1put the almonds in a bowl of a food processor. If the processor is small, repeat process and chopped almonds. Do not over process. Set aside.
- 2Cream the butter and add the sugar by tablespoons. It is best to do this in an electric mixer with the paddle. If not, do this by hand with a wooden spoon.
- 3Add the almonds and remaining ingredients and form dough. Divide the dough in half and roll each into 2 inch thick logs. Wrap them carefully in waxed paper and refrigerate them overnight or two nights if you wish.
- 4Preheat oven to three and 350°.
- 5Liberally butter two large baking trays. If you use both logs of cookie dough, you will have to bake two times. If you decide to bake only once, keep the unused dough in the refrigerator for a day or two, or you may freezer.
Remove the dough logs from the refrigerator and slice as thinly as possible and place the slices on cookie sheets beating 1 inch space in between. Bake until edges crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness of cookie. Makes about 80 cookies.