English Tea Cakes Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 csoft shortening (half butter)
1 3/4 csifted flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cfinely cut sliced citron
1/2 ccurrants or raisins, cut - up
GLAZE ON THE COOKIE
1 largeegg white slightly beaten
1small bowl of white sugar. directions for these two items below.
How to Make English Tea Cakes Cookies
- Preheat oven to 400* degrees.
- Mix together thoroughly first 4 ingredients.
- In another bowl sift together the next 3 ingredients. Then stir this into your first mixture.
- Now mix in the last 2 ingredients. This will now form a nice dough.
- Chill dough. Now you are ready to roll into balls the size of walnuts. Dip tops in slightly beaten egg white, then sugar.
- Place sugared side up 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake until delicately browned. The balls flatten some in baking and become glazed. They should bake in 12 to 15 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen 1 1/2" cookies.