Elegant Tea Cakes1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Elegant Tea Cakes
- 1In a bowl, cream butter with sugar until very light.
- 2Add well beaten egg, cream and vanilla.
- 3In a separate bowl, sift flour with baking powder; add creamed mixture and blend well.
- 4Roll dough into a log and wrap in aluminum foil.
- 5Chill overnight, or in freezer for 2 hours if rushed for time.
- 6Preheat oven to 350.
- 7Remove dough from refrigerator, slice very thin and place on greased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake 5-8 minutes at 350.
- 9Variations: For various holidays decorate with colored sugar, beads or icing and or substitute almond or lemon extract for the vanilla to vary the flavor.