Elegant Filled Coconut Bonbons
These bonbons are beautiful and delicious. They are fancy enough for a special Christmas gift or special occasion like that beautiful bridal shower where I found them.
- 1 pkg
- (24-30 pieces) of chocolate candies, like dove chocolates
- be sure to use a good quality chocolate
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pkg
- (12 ounces) white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 5 c
- shredded sweetened coconut, divided
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
How to Make Elegant Filled Coconut Bonbons
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unwrap all of the chocolates. Set aside.
Soften cream cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds (or a little more) until it is warm, smooth, and easy to stir.
Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave in several "bursts" of 30 seconds at a time, checking progress and stirring after each 30 second burst, until they are melted and smooth.
Mix together softened cream cheese and the melted white chocolate and stir well. Stir in vanilla extract.
- 2Add flour and mix until it forms a thick, sticky dough. Fold in 3 cups of the coconut. Mix.
Using your hands, press about 2 tablespoons of dough into your hand, place a chocolate in the center of dough and wrap the dough completely around it.
Smooth the dough by rolling it between your hands. Roll in remaining coconut and set it on an un-greased cookie sheet. Repeat this process with remaining dough and chocolates.
- 3Brush the melted butter over tops of cookies and press any remaining coconut on the tops of the cookies. Then brush the coconut topping with butter and place in the oven.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. If coconut is not toasted enough on the tops of the cookies at this point, turn your broiler on high and finish toasting it. This does NOT take long so watch carefully.
Remove cookies from the cookie sheet and place on parchment paper to cool. Served warm or at room temperature.