Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
How to Make Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix sugar and baking soda together; stir in egg until well blended.
- Add peanut butter and stir until dough stiffens.
- I use a small (1 1/4" scoop) to form the 'balls'.
- You will need a fork and sugar for the cross hatch marks.
Hint: Use red sugar for creamy and green sugar for crunchy.
- Place 'balls' on baking sheet about 2" apart.
- Dip fork in sugar and very gently press cross hatch marks onto tops of 'balls'.
- Do not flatten out the 'balls' or the end result will be a burnt cookie!
- Place cookies in oven and set timer for 8 minutes.
- Check cookies; if the cookies are not firm to the touch, allow to bake for one minute intervals (check after each minute) until firm.
Some ovens are 'faster' and you can burn these cookies very quickly if not careful.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 4-5 minutes; removing to wire racks to finish cooling.
Warning: these cookies will literally melt in your mouth. It is almost impossible to eat just one!