Easy OREO Truffles
- (16 oz) package oreo sandwich cookies, divided (chocolate or vanilla)
- (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- (8 oz) package baker's semi-sweet chocolate, melted (can also use chocolate chips or almond bark)
How to Make Easy OREO Truffles
- 1Place 9 of the cookies in a food processor and pulse until finely crushed. Set aside. (If you do not have a food processor, you can place them in a zippered plastic bag and crush using a rolling pen.)
- 2Crush the remaining 36 cookies into fine crumbs and place in a medium bowl.
- 3Add cream cheese and mix until well blended.
- 4Roll mixture into approximately 40 balls (1-inch diameter or about 1 teaspoonful each). Place on a wax paper lined cooking sheet. Place in refrigerator for @ 1 hour to set up firm.
- 5Remove from refrigerator and roll each cookie ball in the melted chocolate, remove using 2 forks to allow excess chocolate to drip off. Place back on the wax paper.
- 6Sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs over the chocolate covered cookie balls.
- 7Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- 8Store remaining truffles in the refrigerator.