Easy OREO Truffles
1(16 oz) package oreo sandwich cookies, divided (chocolate or vanilla)
1(8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
2(8 oz) package baker's semi-sweet chocolate, melted (can also use chocolate chips or almond bark)
How to Make Easy OREO Truffles
- Place 9 of the cookies in a food processor and pulse until finely crushed. Set aside. (If you do not have a food processor, you can place them in a zippered plastic bag and crush using a rolling pen.)
- Crush the remaining 36 cookies into fine crumbs and place in a medium bowl.
- Add cream cheese and mix until well blended.
- Roll mixture into approximately 40 balls (1-inch diameter or about 1 teaspoonful each). Place on a wax paper lined cooking sheet. Place in refrigerator for @ 1 hour to set up firm.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll each cookie ball in the melted chocolate, remove using 2 forks to allow excess chocolate to drip off. Place back on the wax paper.
- Sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs over the chocolate covered cookie balls.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Store remaining truffles in the refrigerator.