Easy no-bake Fudge/Truffles
I learned this easy recipe from Judy's Co-Ca Tree Hicksville, New York. It became a wonderful give-a-way gift from my heart to others, away to make money while going to college.
When I became a mom it became a family thing to do together for teachers, friends or a bring along to gatherings.
You can put your own spin on this and be creative and have fun.
- 16 oz
- dark or milk chocolate drops
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp
- of either peppermint , butter rum, orange, almond or a flavor you'd like to try confection flavored oils for chocolate making..
- 1/2 c
- of sprinkles, cookie crunchies( i buy them from my local carvel ice cream store )chopped nut's (walnut, almond, peanut ) flavored coconut flakes, powdered sugar, color sugars, coco powder, you think of it try it.
How to Make Easy no-bake Fudge/Truffles
- 1Take a double boiler in bottom half place enough water in it to reach top parts bottom and up the sides (enough to ensure good heat distribution from water) bring water just to a boil, (small bubbles form on bottom of pot) turn water off, place top half of boiler on bottom.
- 2Add your pound of chocolate. Allow to set up and melt about 15 mins. stir to see if all chocolate is melted. ( Some people use micro-wave method, I don't like it do to that you can over heat chocolate up, causing it to over heated and become hard.
- 3When chocolate is fully melted, drop in your flavor of choice or you can leave it just as chocolate flavor, if adding stir through melted chocolate.
- 4Take sweetened condensed milk,( You can you the low fat/skim milk kind if you like to.)And pour into chocolate mix stir through chocolate, keep stirring until chocolate pulls clean from sides of pot. ( Trust Me it will)
- 5Take waxed paper and place on flat surface area you will be working. I tape wax paper down and also place enough to have large enough work area. Pour out chocolate recipe on to waxed paper. spread it out kinda like a pizza dough looking shape let sit up about 15 mins. Then while that's happening get all your different coatings together. taking the outer edge of chocolate pinch about a teaspoon worth of the mix and roll it in your hands in to little balls, as this happens the oils will come to surface and will look shiny, then drop in your coating of choice and roll around till covered.
When I do give a mix a flavor like peppermint coating I prefer is sprinkles, powdered sugar, coco powder. For butter rum coconut flakes, sprinkles nuts cookie crunchies and so on...Like I said in note above becreative and make this your own pass on family recipe...