Easy Lemony Macaroons
(Good with or without chocolate:)
- 2 large
- 1 pinch
- of salt
- 1 pkg
- of shredded coconut (14 oz size)
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- lemon or orange extract
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon zest, grated
- dipping chocolate (opptional)
How to Make Easy Lemony Macaroons
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Beat the 2 egg whites and salt until stiff.
- 3In separate bowl, combine coconut, condensed milk, extracts and zest.
- 4Carefully, but thoroughly combine egg whites with coconut mixture, deflating egg whites as little as possible. With small ice cream scoop, scoop mixture onto parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- 5Bake for 20-22 mins or until set and golden, with a few of the top pieces of coconut just starting to brown. Cool cookies completely on cooling rack.
For an extra special touch, dip bottoms or half of cookies in melted chocolate, let harden on wax paper in cool area.