Easy Chewy Fudge Brownies From Scratch
- 1 stick
- butter, divided
- 1/4 c
- dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 4 oz
- unsweetened baker's chocolate (4 - 1 ounce squares), coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c
- dark brown sugar or light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 large
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- walnut halves or pecan halves coarsely chopped
- 8 x 8 square, 9 x 9 square, or 8 x 11 rectangular baking pan
- 2 qt
- sauce pan
- knife or meat mallet (to chop chocoate squares and nuts)
- 1 1/8
- cutting board
- 1 can(s)
- cooking spray or crisco
How to Make Easy Chewy Fudge Brownies From Scratch
- 1Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit. Grease square 8 x 8 inch square, 9 x 9 inch square pan. or 11 x 9 inch pan.
- 2In 2 Quart Sauce pan add chopped Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate and butter (sliced). Put on low heat and stir continuously until chocolate and butter have mostly melted.
- 3Add 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, milk, 1/4 cup Dark Cocoa Powder, and Vanilla Extract to chocolate butter mixture and stir continuously until all chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
- 4Remove Chocolate Mixture from heat add Brown Sugar and Granulated sugar and fold into chocolate mixture until well bended.
- 5Add first egg to Sugar Chocolate mixture and mix until completely blended into mixture.
- 6Add Second Egg to mixture and repeat previous instruction to mix completely until well blended. Mixture should be smooth looking and thick.
- 7Add flour to Chocolate mixture mixing flour until well blended . Mixture will be thick but easily stirred. If you like Walnuts or Pecans in your brownies take 1/2 cup Walnut or Pecan halves, coarsely chop and then fold them into the mix until evenly distributed through the mixture.
- 8Pour chocolate mixture into prepared baking pan and bake mixture for 10 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of mixture comes out clean.
- 9Place on cooling rack and let stand at least 15 to 20 minutes or until just warm to the touch before cutting and serving.