EASY ALMOND CRESCENTS
1 pkgbetty crocker sugar cookie mix( the 1lb,1.5oz bag)
1/2 csoftened butter
1/2 cground blanched almonds(use you food processor or blender to get it very fine)
1 tspalmond extract
ONE CUP POWDERED SUGAR FOR COATING AFTER BAKING
EDIBLE BLUE GLITTER(VERY OPTIONAL...I DON'T USE IT BUT IT IS VERY PRETTY)
·also...you can make a vanilla flavored powdered sugar to coat them in by cutting a seeded vanilla bean up and mixing it with the powdered sugar if you would like to.
How to Make EASY ALMOND CRESCENTS
- Heat oven to 375*(350* for dark or nonstick pans).
- In large bowl combine sugar cookie mix,butter,egg,cornstarch,ground almonds, and almond extract well until dough forms nicely.
- For each cookie shape a rounded teaspoon amount of dough into a crescent shape by making a 2 and a half inch strip and then tapering the ends...or however you are comfortable making the crescent shapes...I make a ball and then kind of roll it into a rope like keeping the middle fatter and the ends tapered.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute an remove from pan.
- Cool COMPLETELY before rolling(I put the powdered sugar in a baggie and coat them that way...it's just faster with the amount I do) the cookies in powdered sugar...sprinkle with edible glitter if you like.