Dulce-Frosted Chipotle Brownies
1 boxchocolate chunk premium brownie mix
·water, vegetable oil and eggs as called for on brownie mix box
1 tspground cinnamon
1/2-3/4 tspchipotle chili powder
2 cpowdered sugar
1/4 cdulce de leche (from 13.4 oz. can)
2 Tbspbutter, softened
How to Make Dulce-Frosted Chipotle Brownies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray bottom of 8-inch pan.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box, using water, oil, and eggs, adding cinnamon and chipotle powder until well blended. Spread into pan. Bake 39-42 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge comes out almost clean. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, dulce de leche, butter, milk, and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth and creamy. Spread onto cooled brownies.
- NOTE: These are even better if you make your own brownies, but a mix is faster.
- NOTE #2: Look for cans of dulce de leche next to sweetened condensed milk or in the Hispanic section of your grocery store. Dulce de leche is similar to sweetened condensed milk, but it has been caramelized and is much thicker.