Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies
- squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 stick
- butter, cubed
- 1 Tbsp
- instant coffee or espresso powder
- 1 c
- plus 2 tablespoons, sugar
- 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies
- 1In a small saucepan, melt the unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of the semi-sweet chocolate chips, the butter, and the instant coffee or espresso powder. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 2In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together for 3 minutes, until thick & lemon colored. Add the chocolate mixture and beat together. Combine the flour, baking powder & salt, and add to mixture. Stir in the remaining cup of chocolate chips.
- 3Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls, about 2 in. apart, on to a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 9-12 minutes (mine took about 9 1/2 min.), or until puffed and cracked on top. Let cool about 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.