★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 cunsalted butter, softened
3 ozcream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cgranulated sugar
1large egg yolk
1/2 tspalmond extract
1/4 tspkosher salt
2 1/2 call-purpose flour
1/2 c(from an 8 oz. can) almond paste
How to Make Double Almond Butter Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk, extract, and salt. Beat on low speed until combined. Use a wooden spoon to gradually stir in flour until well mixed.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2-inches apart on cookie sheet. Press thumb into center of each cookie, making indentions large enough to fill with ½ teaspoon of almond paste. Fill each with almond paste.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes just until edges are golden. Makes 4 dozen.