Diane's 3/4 Cup chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticksalted butter
3/4 cbrown sugar
3/4 cwhite sugar
2 1/4 cflour (use your 3/4 measuring cup three times)
1 tspbaking soda
3/4 cquick cooking oats
1 1/2 cnestles semi-sweet toll house chocolate chips (use your 3/4 measuring cup two times)
3/4 cchopped pecans - optional
How to Make Diane's 3/4 Cup chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mix SOFTENED butter (2 sticks), 2 eggs, both sugars and vanilla together, until they are fluffy. I make sure the mixture has no butter lumps in it.
- If you've got a stand-alone mixer, while the first ingredients are mixing, stir together your flour(unsifted), salt and soda. Add to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Add Quick Cook oats, coconut and chocolate chips. You can also add 3/4 cup chopped pecans - those are optional.
- Drop on an ungreased cookie sheet. I've always used the Pampered Chef Baking Stone. 375 oven, for 11 - 13 minutes.
- The key to these cookies is to never overbake them. Your first batch will take a little longer to bake. Watch them - when they barely turn brown, take them out of the oven and let them sit on the stone for at least five minutes. Then remove. The coconut and the oats keep them moist.
- Up until the last two years, I've always used a regular oven. Now, I have a NuWave oven and I bake them in there. Level 8, using the extender ring, the silicone cookie ring and the 1" rack for 12 minutes. I let them stand at least 3 minutes before I remove them.
Either way, you won't have any left after a day or so!