Also, for people who do not like "nuts" of any type; You can replace the 2 cups of "nuts" with rice crispy cereal. It adds bulk but does not alter the flavor much. I have also used a little oatmeal for filler.
These are a GREAT pantry clean out cookie after the holidays.
- 1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
- 1½ cups white sugar
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2½ cups flour
- 1½ cups morsels (any combination)
- 2 cups chopped nuts (any combination; includes coconut and dried fruits)
How to Make Desperation Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Melt butter (microwave or stove top)
- 2In mixing bowl, combine butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Add vanilla, baking soda and salt; combine well. Add eggs, combine completely.
- 3Add half the flour (1 ¼ cups); all chips and nuts. Combine. Add the rest of the flour and mix thoroughly.
- 4Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets, 12 to a standard sheet (If the dough is too sticky, chill slightly.)
- 5Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on sheet 2 minutes, remove from cookies sheets to wire rack.