DEPRESSION ERA QUACKERS
- cups of sifted flour
- cups brown sugar
- cup lard (i used crisco)
- eggs, beaten
- cups oats
- 1 1/2
- teaspoons baking soda
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoons vanilla
- brown sugar to roll cookies in
How to Make DEPRESSION ERA QUACKERS
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 370 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream the lard and brown sugar together. Blend in the beaten eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Mix well, then add the oats, mix again.
- 3How to shape the cookies: The dough will be stiff, pinch off a piece and make a small ball about 1 inch around. Roll it in brown sugar, flatten somewhat and place on the cookie sheet.
- 4Bake the Quackers in a pre-heated oven 370 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Don't overcook. Enjoy!