Decadent Chocolate Cookies
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 csour cream
1 1/2 tspreal vanilla extract
3 csemi-sweet chocolate chips(divided)
1 3/4 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 cchopped walnuts or pecans
How to Make Decadent Chocolate Cookies
- Cream together the shortening with the brown sugar.
- Mix into the creamed mixture the egg, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Melt HALF(1 1/2 cups) of the chocolate chips in the microwave (in 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until almost melted, then stop. It will continue melting)
Add to the creamed mixture.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add to the creamed mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Fold in nuts and remaining(1 1/2 cups) chocolate chips (or can substitute peanut butter chips instead). Chill dough for about 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place heaping tsps of dough on greased cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 mins, or just until set up. Do not overbake, cookies will still be a bit soft because of all the chocolate. Let cool for a few mins on the cookie sheet before placing on cooling racks. Wrap these babies in pretty containers and deliver to your friends with a carton of milk! They will love you!