Cute as a Button Cookies
How to Make Cute as a Button Cookies
- 1Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- 3Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.
- 4Chill for 1 to 2 hours (or see Tip below).
- 5Roll to desired thickness and cut into small circles. Decorate as buttons.
- 6Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges.
- 7Tip: Rolling Out Dough Without the Mess — Rather than wait for your cookie dough to chill, take the freshly made dough and place some between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll it out to the desired thickness then place the dough and paper on a cookie sheet and pop it into the refrigerator. Continue rolling out your dough between sheets of paper until you have used it all. By the time you are finished, the first batch will be completely chilled and ready to cut. Reroll leftover dough and repeat the process! An added bonus is that you are not adding any additional flour to your cookies.