Cut Out Sugar Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspalmond or lemon if desired
How to Make Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- preheat oven to 350.add flour and baking powder together and sift. set aside.
- cream butter and sugar. beat in egg and extract. I just use vanilla. you can add almond or lemon if desired. Just make sure that it complements that flavor of your frosting.
- add flour a little about a half cut at time mixing until just blended.
- divide dough in half into two balls. roll on floured wax paper and cut in desired shapes to desired thickness. This dough does not have to be chilled before rolling and does not mind being handled or floured.
- I place cut out cookies six at a time on ungreased sheets and freeze for 5 minutes before baking. this helps cut cookies retain their shape while baking.
- bake at 350 on center rack for 9-12 minutes until center looks set. cookies should not brown.