Currant Cheesecake Bars
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cbutter or margarine, softened
1 call-purpose flour
1/2 cpacked light brown sugar
1/2 cfinely chopped pecans
1 pkg8oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cgranulated sugar
2 tspgrated lemon peel
1/3 ccurrant jelly or seedless raspberry jam
How to Make Currant Cheesecake Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan. Beat butter in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add flour, brown sugar, and pecans; beat at low speed until well blended. Press mixture into bottom and partially up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until light brown. If sides of crust have shrunk down, press back up and reshape with spoon. Cool 5 minutes on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add granulated sugar, egg, milk and lemon peel; beat until well blended.
- Heat jelly in small saucepan over low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth, stirring occasionally. Pour cream cheese mixture over crust. Drizzle jelly in 7 to 8 strips across filling with spoon. Swirl jelly through filling with knife to create marbled effect.
- Return pan to oven; bake 20 minutes to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely on wire rack before cutting into bars. Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.