CRUNCHY TOFFEE COOKIES in a jar
2/3 ctoffee chips 2/3
1/2 cchopped pecans, toasted and cooled completely
1/2 cpacked dark brown sugar
1 cbuttermilk biscuit and baking mix, i use bisquick
1/2 cpacked light brown sugar
1 cbuttermilk biscuit and baking mix
How to Make CRUNCHY TOFFEE COOKIES in a jar
- Instructions for layering ingredients:
In 1-quart wide-mouth glass jar, gently layer and pack
ingredients in the order listed. If there is any space left after adding the last ingredient, add more baking chips, dried fruits or nuts to fill the jar
- Place lid on top. Cut an 8-inch circle of fabric to cover lid. Place fabric over lid; secure in place with a rubber band, then ribbon or raffia. Decorate as desired.
- Note: When measuring brown sugar, crumble it between your
fingers for uniform texture. Be sure to pack the brown sugar firmly in the jar to prevent the baking mix from sifting down through it.
- Make a gift card to attach as follows: "Empty contents of jar into medium bowl. Stir in 1 stick of butter or margarine, melted; 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until well combined. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place on
baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown.
Makes 2-1/2 dozen cookies
- "To make cookies as bars: Empty contents of jar into medium bowl
Stir in 1 stick of butter or margarine, melted; 1 large egg, and 1 teaspoon
vanilla until well combined. Press into an 8x8-inch baking pan coated with
cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 24 minutes or until bars are
light golden brown and center is almost set
Makes 16 bar cookies."