Crunchy Sugar Cookies
1 cpowdered sugar
1 cgranulated sugar
1 cbutter (no substitutions please)
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspvanilla extract (use pure if you can)
1 tspcream of tartar
·additional granulated sugar for dusting
How to Make Crunchy Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar and butter. Cream until light and fluffy.
- Once fluffy and light yellow, add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and then oil. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture, combining thoroughly.
- Finally add vanilla extract and mix well.
- With small scoop or large tablespoon, portion out mounds of dough onto a prepared cookie sheet. Space them approximately 3 fingers apart.
- Gently flatten each mound to an evenly round disc. Sprinkle each disk with additional granulated sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.