Crisp Chocolate Cookies for 100 by Freda
These are a slice Chill and bake recipe and a crispy cookie.
also great with icing in the center of two cookies.
NOTE:You will need a commercial Mixer for this recipe.
- 3 Lbs
- shortening ( crisco) or 1 3/4 qts
- eggs, slightly beaten (or 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 Cup
- 6 lbs
- granulated sugar ( 3 1/2 qts)
- 1 1/2 TBS
- 2 2/4 TBS
- baking powder (1 1/4 oz)
- 1 lb
- cocoa ( hersheys) = 1 qt
- 5 lbs
- flour, pastry, or wheat flour (sifted) (cake flour)
- optional: chopped nuts or mini choc chips (2 bags)
How to Make Crisp Chocolate Cookies for 100 by Freda
- 2Add Ingredients in BIG Mixer in order Listed.
Using Beater at Low Speed, mis 1-2 minutes, or til completely blended. Scrape down bowl once during mixing.
- 3Divide the Dough in 10 pieces, (about 1 lb 10 oz each)Form into rolls about 2" thick.
Wrap in plastic or wax paper and chill at least 3 hrs.
- 4Slice each roll into 20 slices.
Place in rows on baking sheet 5 X 7. on ungreased Baking sheet or Use Parchment paper for eazy cleanup.
Bake 10 min. or until done.
remove from pan while still warm.
Optional ideas & variations:
drizzle with chocolate frosting.
Sprinkle with Pdr sugar, or Cocoa
Add chopped Nuts,
Or add Mini choc chips 2 bags.