Crisco Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 c
- crisco all-vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- large egg
- 1 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- 3/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c
- coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
How to Make Crisco Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees. Beat shortening and brown sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. (When I made this I just mixed with a sturdy plastic spoon).
- 2Beat in milk, vanilla and egg. Stir in flour, salt and baking soda.
- 3Mix in chocolate chips and nuts. (TIP- If nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips). Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 4Bake 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 11-13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer cookies to cooling rack.