How to Make CREAM PUFF BARS
- Bring water and butter to a boil. Add the flour. Stir and remove from heat. Add 4 eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
NOTE: The picture is before adding the eggs.
- Put in a grease jelly roll pan or 13x9 pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. If baking in 13X9 bake 10 minutes longer. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, milk and pudding mix together. Spread on top of cooled pastry. Top with cool whip.
NOTE: I decided to add sliced fresh picked strawberries on top of the pudding/cream cheese mixture.
- Melt chocolate bars. Drizzle over Cool Whip.
- Jelly roll pan will be a thinner bar and 13X9 thicker more like a piece of cake!!!
- Just to let you know. I lightly grease my finger tip and pat this in the pan! When this bakes it puffs up and does not have a uniform shape.
Make sure that your cream cheese is room temp. and beat it with a little of the milk first to get it creamy. Then add the rest of the milk and pudding. Beat until smooth. I use a large Cool Whip and one candy bar is enough for me. I like the looks!!~