Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/2 c
- 3 oz
- cream cheese
- 1 c
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
How to Make Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- 1In large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light & fluffy.
- 2Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- 3Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl then stir into the creamed mixture.
- 4Divide dough into two pieces,cover and chill until firm,about 1 hour.
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a lightly floured surface,roll out dough to 1/8 in. thickness.
Cut in to desired shapes using cookie cutters and place the cookies at least 1 in. apart onto un-greased cookie sheets.
- 6Bake for 7-9 min.in preheated oven,until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are firm. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wax paper.
- 7I use butter cream frosting to ice them.If decorating and you want to color the icing use food coloring.