Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cbutter, softened
4 ozcream cheese, softened
1 mediumegg yolk
1/2 tspvanilla extract
2 1/2 cflour
How to Make Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the cream cheese.
- Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract until well-incorporated.
- Beat in the flour. If you want to color the dough, add a few drops of food coloring to it and knead until the color is uniform.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours.
- before ready to bake, let the dough sit at room temperature just until soft enough to mold (or knead it with your hands). Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On an ungreased surface, press out the dough into shapes. Transfer to baking sheets lined with parchment paper, and then add decorations.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are stiff and the cookies are lightly browned on the bottom.