Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 1 c
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium
- egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c
How to Make Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies
- 1In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the cream cheese.
- 2Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract until well-incorporated.
- 3Beat in the flour. If you want to color the dough, add a few drops of food coloring to it and knead until the color is uniform.
- 4Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours.
- 5before ready to bake, let the dough sit at room temperature just until soft enough to mold (or knead it with your hands). Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 6On an ungreased surface, press out the dough into shapes. Transfer to baking sheets lined with parchment paper, and then add decorations.
- 7Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are stiff and the cookies are lightly browned on the bottom.