Cream Cheese-Lemon Spritz Cookies
These cookies are so tender and delicious! They have a very zesty, lemony flavor, only enhanced by the slightly sour tang of the cream cheese. If you don’t want too much lemon flavor, simply omit the unsweetened lemonade mix. You can also use a dough gun if you have one to make some different shapes.
- 1 c
- unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 3 1/2 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- large egg
- zest of one medium lemon
- juice of one medium lemon
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 tsp
- coarse salt
- 1 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- unsweetened lemonade mix
How to Make Cream Cheese-Lemon Spritz Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 375F
- 2Put butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until creamy. Mix in granulated sugar. Add egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice; mix well.
- 3Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl mix into butter mixture on low speed.
- 4Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place small amount of the dough in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Holding tip very close to the surface, pipe a 2 inch rosette onto baking sheet. Refill pastry bag as needed with remaining dough. (If your dough feels too stiff to pipe, you can scoop the dough with a small cookie scoop, and roll into balls and flatten with the greased bottom of a glass cup)
- 5Bake cookies until golden brown on the bottom, about 12 minutes.
- 6Combine 1 cup powdered sugar with the lemonade drink mix in a large plastic bag and shake to mix.
- 7When the cookies are removed from the oven and while they are still hot, add 4 or 5 at a time to the bag and shake it until the cookies are well coated. Repeat with the remaining cookies.