Arkansas's Cream Cheese Cookies
I have only tried a few of these recipes and this is one I made on 2/13/11. They are very good and my husband says it's a keeper.
- 2 stick
- butter, room temperature
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- dash of salt
How to Make Arkansas's Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together. Stir in flour, salt, nuts and vanilla and combine well. The dough will be stiff and a bit sticky until chilled.
- 2Roll up (log style) making three (3) logs. Wrap each log roll in plastic wrap or foil if freezing. If cooking the next day, just wrap logs in plastic wrap or wax paper then wrap a damp cloth around logs and place in fridge overnight. This is a very important step.
- 3Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with Pam. Remove dough from cloth & wrap, slice thin and place onto cookie sheet 2" apart. Bake on 350 for approximately 13-15 minutes.
- 4NOTE: I also froze one of the log rolls and they do great this way, too.