Cranberry & White Chocolate ANZAC Biscuits
They are still an Aussie favourite but this is a version with a twist.
1 cplain flour, (this has no baking soda or baking powder.)
1 crolled oats (quakes or uncle toby's)
2/3 ccoconut (desiccated)
3/4 cfirmly packed brown sugar.
1/2 cdried cranberries
1 tspground cinnomon
1/2 tspbicarbonate soda (baking soda)
7 ozwhite chocolate melts.
How to Make Cranberry & White Chocolate ANZAC Biscuits
- Preheat oven to (160 deg C) 325 deg F. Line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Combine flour, oats,sugar, coconut, cranberries and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir butter, honey and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter melts and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in baking soda. Add mixture to the oat mix and stir well until combined.
- Roll a tablespoon mixture into balls. (play with this amount to get size you want. I make large ones. about 2 inch balls or more)place about 1 inch or so apart on baking tray than flatted out to 1/2 inch thick with a fork.
- Bake, swapping trays (upper and lower) shelves half way through. cooking for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes than transfer onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Place chocolate into a microwave dish (or on stove) & melt. Spread chocolate over the base of biscuits with flat blade knife.
Set aside to set. Hard to stop at one, that's why I make large ones.