Cranberry & White Chocolate ANZAC Biscuits
They are still an Aussie favourite but this is a version with a twist.
- 1 c
- plain flour, (this has no baking soda or baking powder.)
- 1 c
- rolled oats (quakes or uncle toby's)
- 2/3 c
- coconut (desiccated)
- 3/4 c
- firmly packed brown sugar.
- 1/2 c
- dried cranberries
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnomon
- 4 oz
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- bicarbonate soda (baking soda)
- 7 oz
- white chocolate melts.
How to Make Cranberry & White Chocolate ANZAC Biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to (160 deg C) 325 deg F. Line 2 trays with baking paper.
- 2Combine flour, oats,sugar, coconut, cranberries and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- 3Stir butter, honey and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter melts and mixture is smooth.
- 4Stir in baking soda. Add mixture to the oat mix and stir well until combined.
- 5Roll a tablespoon mixture into balls. (play with this amount to get size you want. I make large ones. about 2 inch balls or more)place about 1 inch or so apart on baking tray than flatted out to 1/2 inch thick with a fork.
- 6Bake, swapping trays (upper and lower) shelves half way through. cooking for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes than transfer onto wire rack to cool completely.
- 7Place chocolate into a microwave dish (or on stove) & melt. Spread chocolate over the base of biscuits with flat blade knife.
Set aside to set. Hard to stop at one, that's why I make large ones.