CRANBERRY/ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES
3/4 csugar, divided
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1 cbutter, cold - cut up in cubes
1 tspalmond extract
2 - 4 Tbsporange juice
SMALL AMOUNT OF SUGAR TO COAT THE COOKIES BEFORE BAKING
How to Make CRANBERRY/ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- Combine Craisins and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor. Process until the craisins are in smaller pieces.
- Combine flour and remaining sugar in a large bowl.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut in butter until you have very fine crumbs. .
- Stir in extract, craisins and sugar mixture. Add orange zest and orange juice. Knead the dough with your hands until it comes together to form a ball. Do not overwork it.
- Preheat oven to 325º
- Cut slices of dough about 1/4 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, place about 1/2 cup of sugar. This you will use to coat the cookies before baking.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- NOTE - THESE CAN ALSO BE PUT IN THE FREEZER FOR BAKING AT A LATER TIME.