Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cookies will store well in refrigerator for about a week. If stored in Freezer use your discretion. Some people prefer to store for shorter times (about a month in freezer). I have kept cookies stored in the freezer for several months and they have tasted fresh after defrosting.
2 1/2 cflour (all purpose)
1 tspbaking powder
3/4 cbutter (unsalted)
3/4 cdark brown sugar (packed)
1/4 cgranulated sugar
3 Tbsplight corn syrup
2 tsppure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cdried cranberries (craisins)
8 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, or use non stick baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With mixer at medium speed, beat butter, sugars and corn syrup. (until creamy)
- Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low. Mix in flour mixture, slowly, until blended.
- Stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate up to one day. Cold dough is much easier to handle.
- Drop dough by rounded Tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, about 2" apart. Bake 5 minutes, Rotate cookie sheet and bake an additional 5-7 minutes (until edges of cookie have lightly browned)
- Transfer cookies to cooling racks until totally cooled. Store cookies with waxed paper between layers in air tight containers.