Cowboy cookies gift-in-a-jar
1 1/3 cinstant oatmeal, uncooked
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 cchopped pecans
1 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cflour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Cowboy cookies gift-in-a-jar
- Layer the ingredients in a 1 quart jar in the order given. Press each layer firmly in place before adding the next layer.
- Include a card with the following instructions:
- Cowboy Cookie Mix in a Jar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Stir in the entire contents of the jar. You may need to use your hands to finish mixing. Shape into walnut sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven. Transfer from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.