3 call-purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 Tbspbaking soda
1 1/2 cbutter, at room temperature (3 sticks)
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 1/2 cbrown sugar, packed
1 Tbspvanilla extract
3 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
3 cold-fashioned rolled oats
2 csweetened flaked coconut
2 cchopped pecans
How to Make Cowboy Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- In an 8-qt. bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Gradually beat in sugars; beat to combine, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut, and pecans.
- For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto greased cookie sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes until the edges are lightly browned. Rotate sheets halfway through baking to be sure that the cookies bake evenly.
- This recipe makes 3 dozen cowboy-sized cookies. If you think your "cookie consumers" would like smaller cookies, use 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie, and bake at 350 for 15 to 18 minutes. Makes 6 dozen smaller cookies. Either way . . . large or small . . . they're delicious! My mind picture of Laura in the kitchen baking these cookies makes them very special to me!