Connie's Red Velvet Cookies
6 Tbspbutter, melted
1 cpowdered sugar
1 tspcorn starch
1 boxduncan hines red velvet cake mix
2large eggs (at room temperature)
1 tsplemon zest (i used the zest of an entire lemon)
How to Make Connie's Red Velvet Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Place powdered sugar and cornstarch in shallow dish. Mix with a fork to blend.
- Place cake mix, cooled butter, eggs and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix by hand until well blended and a dough forms. (I use a heavy wooden spoon to mix.)
- Forn dough into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered. (An ice cream scoop makes this step easier.)
- Place balls on a cool, ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time, in center of oven for 9-11 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container with wax paper or parchment separating layers.