Connie's Red Velvet Cookies
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- corn starch
- 1 box
- duncan hines red velvet cake mix
- large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp
- lemon zest (i used the zest of an entire lemon)
How to Make Connie's Red Velvet Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- 3Place powdered sugar and cornstarch in shallow dish. Mix with a fork to blend.
- 4Place cake mix, cooled butter, eggs and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl.
- 5Mix by hand until well blended and a dough forms. (I use a heavy wooden spoon to mix.)
- 6Forn dough into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered. (An ice cream scoop makes this step easier.)
- 7Place balls on a cool, ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- 8Bake one sheet at a time, in center of oven for 9-11 minutes.
- 9Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- 10Once cooled, enjoy!
- 11Store in an airtight container with wax paper or parchment separating layers.