Devil Food Cookies - Connie's
How to Make Devil Food Cookies - Connie's
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool. Chop chocolate bar into pieces.
- Place powdered sugar and corn starch in a shallow dish. Mix with a fork to blend.
- Place cake mix, cooled butter, chocolate, eggs, and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl.
Add chocolate morsels.
- Mix by hand or mixer until well blended and a dough forms. The dough will be sticky.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. An ice cream scoop makes this step easier. If rolling balls by hand, keep some powered sugar on your fingers to help in the rolling process.
- Place balls on a cool, ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time, in the center of the oven for 9-11 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container with wax paper or parchment separating layers.