Devil Food Cookies - Connie's
How to Make Devil Food Cookies - Connie's
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Melt butter and set aside to cool. Chop chocolate bar into pieces.
- 3Place powdered sugar and corn starch in a shallow dish. Mix with a fork to blend.
- 4Place cake mix, cooled butter, chocolate, eggs, and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl.
Add chocolate morsels.
- 5Mix by hand or mixer until well blended and a dough forms. The dough will be sticky.
- 6Form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. An ice cream scoop makes this step easier. If rolling balls by hand, keep some powered sugar on your fingers to help in the rolling process.
- 7Place balls on a cool, ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- 8Bake 1 sheet at a time, in the center of the oven for 9-11 minutes.
- 9Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- 10Store in airtight container with wax paper or parchment separating layers.